Security strategies that are perimeter centric and conventional no longer work as evidenced by the high frequency and continued cyberattacks against companies these days. The failure of the resulting architecture is a consequence not just of the old assumption that everything within a network can be trusted, but also the legacy countermeasures’ inability to offer enough control, visibility, as well as protection of the application traffic that is transiting the related network boundaries. The conventional method to the network security is already failing. A lot of companies fell prey to at least one successful cyberattacks. Companies continue to depend on the old methods, and it’s no surprise. The truth is that these approaches to network security aren’t effective anymore and that's why you need zero trust network.
Advantages of Implementing Zero Trust Network
You can enhance the effectiveness in mitigating the data loss through safe visibility as well as safe enablement of the applications, as well as the detection and the prevention of cybersecurity threats.
Your company will be more efficient in meeting compliance standards with privacy and security mandates.
There will be an increase in the ability to enable better IT approaches like virtualizing the infrastructure and user mobility, too.
The main issue with the old security strategy is that the countermeasures depend on the assumption that everything within the network could be trusted.
But such an assumption is no longer safe because modern company conditions as well as computing environments wherein:
- mobile users, remote workers, as well as cloud computing services blur the difference between external and internal.
- the need to offer guests for support, the spread of partner connections, as well as wireless technologies offer countless more pathways to the network.
- Branch office could be located in countries of interest that are untrusted
- Insiders, may it be careless or intentionally malicious, might present a great security threat.
Such methods also do not account for:
- The possibility for complicated network security threats to get into the perimeter defenses wherein they will have control over the internal network.
- Instances when malicious users can get into the internal network by making use of the stolen credentials of authorized and trusted users.
- Internal networks have pockets of users as well as resources with various sensitivity and trust levels
Why Adopt Zero Trust Practices and Principles
- It’s not difficult to transition to a zero trust network.
- You can get unmatched situational awareness of company computing activities.
- You can implement all zero trust practices and principles.
- You can improve the security posture of the company and the ability to stop the exfiltration of the confidential data.
- Simplify maintaining and achieving compliance with regulations and standards that are applicable.
- Enable and adapt to use business driven IT methods like social networking, user mobility, cloud computing, and infrastructure virtualization.
Call SpartanTec, Inc. now if you’re considering transitioning to a zero trust network.
Columbia, SC 29201
Serving: Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, Columbia, Wilmington, Fayetteville, Florence